Benefits of Student Membership
- Monthly ASHRAE Journal - The official monthly publication of the Society explores issues such as indoor air quality, energy management, solar developments, and more.
- ASHRAE Insights - ASHRAE's monthly newspaper is devoted exclusively to news and information about the Society at every level including news of special interest to students. Students are encouraged to submit articles and pictures of current branch activities, award presentations, etc.
- The HVAC&R Industry eNewsletter - the HVAC&R Industry eNewsletter is produced in HTML format and issued on a weekloy basis. Best of all, it's FREE to both ASHRAE members and non-members. Click here to find out more about this benefit.
- Publication Discounts - Student members qualify for considerable discounts on many ASHRAE publications including the Handbook Series. Learn more....
- 16-40-40 Program - ASHRAE student members can continue receiving member benefits of ASHRAE after finishing college through the 16-40-40 program. The first year out of college annual membership is still only $16. Then it is only $40 for the second and third years.
- Opportunities - As an ASHRAE student member, you may participate in programs such as the Student Design Project Competition, Grants-in-Aid, Society and Local Scholarships, and Student Branch Activities. All of these programs are designed to enhance your future as an HVAC&R professional.
- The Student Zone - The Student Zone offers valuable career and educational resources for ASHRAE Student Members. Students can obtain a list of accredited engineering institutions as well as tips on landing an exciting job in the HVAC&R industry. Check it out...
- Free Meeting Registrations - to the Winter and Annual ASHRAE meetings, as well as the Student Activities at the Winter meetings.
- K-12 Student Activities - Our chapter will participate in activities to promote not only the HVAC&R sciences, but engineering in general to school children in the greater Fort Worth area. If anyone knows of a school in need of a program or wants materials to help give an engeering themed discussion at a local school, please contact our Student Activities Chairperson, Viet Le at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about the benefits of becoming a Student Member, visit the ASHRAE website.